motorsport,motorcycle,motosport

Saturday 16 May 2015

AJ Foyt's Copenhagen OLD's


I have always liked the OLD's, and with the great Powerslide Decals this one is a must build for me. The kit is quite good and typical of the time it was made it rates with the Lumina kits as per the AJ Foyts 1993 Brickyard 400 Tyre Test and the Exxon one I have recently completed. I just wish Monogram had done what AMT did with the rear window but we can work with it, AMT made the whole window the wrap around style, and Monogram did the C pillars and a typical rear window. It will look fine with the all black body of this car.

Not a big start as yet but just a few things I wanted to try this time around. I have cut the crush panels off and will paint them separately, I will remove the front part of the chassis and do my own, started the fuel filler which has a small piece of aluminium tubing in place, and just checking that the front and rear clips have no gaps so far.

AJ was a driver who had the ability to be competitive in anything he sat behind the wheel of, I am also quite partial to the chew cars and these decals will look so cool with the bright orange and black finish.









Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

Related : AJ Foyt's Copenhagen OLD's